Sunday 10/29 - Saturday 121/4
Reformation: It's Still All About Jesus
by Deacon Dennis Lawson Sr.
If your group has more than 7 people, you're encouraged to split into men's and women's groups for "Warm Ups". Also, it often works better to go around the circle three times instead of each person having to answer all three questions at once.
Warm-Ups (15 min)
Warm-Ups (15 min)
- Share your high moment and low moment of the week.
- Tell us about a favoriate childhood memory.
- Do you have any God moments to share from this past week?
Large Group Prayer (10 min)
- Take turns praying (1) Thanksgivings, (2) for each other's needs, and (3) for our community.
- Click here for creative ideas on how to pray as a group.
Study Questions (35 min)
About the Sermon
- Pastor Michael talked about how God needs 0% from us, what do you think he meant by that? How does that make you feel?
- Pastor Michael also talked about how God desires 100% from us, what do you think he meant by that? How does that make you feel?
A Deeper look
- Read Jeremiah 31:31-34:
- What was the promise that God made to His people when he brought them out of Egypt?
- How did His people reject that promise?
- What is the promise that God made after those days?
- What does this promise speak about who God is and who we are in His sight?
- Read Romans 3:19-28:
- Who is brought under God’s judgement?
- How do we receive God’s approval?
- What separates us from other people? What does that say about who we are?
Jesus said, “If you live by what I say, you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free,” How do we know the truth? How do we live by that truth? How does this truth set us free from our slavery to sin?
Trios (25 min)
The goal is to have intentional time to share your journey with others. Break into same gender groups of three and move to separate spaces. If numbers necessitate flexibility, form groups of 2 instead.
- Review the listener commitments (images/LIFEGroup_Documents/Study Support Downloads/listener_commitments.pdf) f you haven't done so in a while.
- The goal is not to pressure others into sharing more than they want to, or to give unsolicited advice, but to ask others how God is stretching them, be challenged by God's Word together, ask what others are planning to do about their growth areas, and ask how you can support them!
Share Your Journey: What have you heard from God through your Life Journal / Bible readings this week? What's an area of your life in which you know you need to repent and/or grow?
Optional Worship Song (+5 min)
- If you'd like, you can sing a worship song as a group. Don't have a musician? Sing along to a lyric video: SJDenver.org/Songs
- Advent/Christmas songs can be found at SJDenver.org/ChristmasSongs
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!