Sunday 10/22 - Saturday 10/28
Inside Out: Developing a "Rule of Life"
by Elder Neal Bamesberger
If your group has more than 7 people, you're encouraged to split into men's and women's groups for "Warm Ups". Also, it often works better to go around the circle three times instead of each person having to answer all three questions at once.
Warm-Ups (15 min)
Warm-Ups (15 min)
- Share your high moment and low moment of the week.
- What places in Colorado do you enjoy visiting?
- Do you have any God moments to share from this past week?
Large Group Prayer (10 min)
- Take turns praying (1) Thanksgivings, (2) for each other's needs, and (3) for our community.
- Click herefor creative ideas on how to pray as a group.
Study Questions (35 min)
About the Sermon
- Share about something that you didn't realize or that affirmed what you know from the sermon.
- Many Americans struggle with materialism and the quest for more, how do we as Christians balance that with being content, wants vs. needs. (See I Tim. 6:6-10).
A Deeper look
- Take a look a Deuteronomy 11:26-29, discuss the blessings and curses.
- See also, Deuteronomy 11:13-19
- See also, Deuteronomy chapters 27-28.
- What's your standard of giving to the Lord, ie. tithes and offerings, see Acts 2:42-47.
- Are the 10 commandments relevant for today, why or why not ?
Jesus said the two greatest commandments are to love the Lord you God with all you heart, mind and strength and the second to love your neighbor as yourself, how are you doing with that on a daily basis?
Trios (25 min)
The goal is to have intentional time to share your journey with others. Break into same gender groups of three and move to separate spaces. If numbers necessitate flexibility, form groups of 2 instead.
- Review the listener commitments i(images/LIFEGroup_Documents/Study Support Downloads/listener_commitments.pdf) f you haven't done so in a while.
- The goal is not to pressure others into sharing more than they want to, or to give unsolicited advice, but to ask others how God is stretching them, be challenged by God's Word together, ask what others are planning to do about their growth areas, and ask how you can support them!
Share Your Journey: What have you heard from God through your Life Journal / Bible readings this week? What's an area of your life in which you know you need to repent and/or grow?
Optional Worship Song (+5 min)
- If you'd like, you can sing a worship song as a group. Don't have a musician? Sing along to a lyric video: SJDenver.org/Songs
- Advent/Christmas songs can be found at SJDenver.org/ChristmasSongs
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!