Sunday 9/3 - Saturday 9/9
"Where is God When: The Revelation of God in Suffering"
by Deacon Dennis Lawson Sr
If your group has more than 7 people, you're encouraged to split into men's and women's groups for "Warm Ups" and "Getting Started." If your group is really large, try same gender groups of 3 or 4.
Loving Father in Heaven,
Grant us a heart and spirit that cries out for those who are suffering.
Give us the courage to be the people of God that are called to action.
Father be with all those who are in the midst of suffering at this moment.
Be with all those in Texas and Louisiana as they are lost, confused and do not know where to turn, bring them to You oh Lord.
We know Lord that You are ever present, help us to always see You and feel Your presence in the midst of suffering.
Reveal Yourself to Your children!
Hear our cry oh Lord! Amen
Warm-Ups (15 min)
- Share your high moment and low moment of the week.
- Share a time when you accomplished something hard and how it made you feel.
- Share a time when you failed and how did it make you feel?
- Do you have any God moments to share from this past week?
Getting Started (20 min)
Read Job 38:1-7
- Why does God seem harsh with Job here?
- Describe a time when you spoke into a situation without knowing all the details. How did that turn out?
Going Further (40 min)Read Corinthians 12:7-10
- When have you found yourself in a bad situation and how did it turn out?
- Explain how God’s strength can be made perfect in our weakness?
- Do bad things only happen because of our personal sins? Explain.
- How can someone going through a personal hardship or trial be of benefit to others?
- Describe the similarities between Job and Moses.
- Does God seem harsh with Moses? Explain your answer.
Prayers (15 min)
- In your prayers this week thank God for the unconditional and conditional promises he has made to you. Also, ask God to forgive any broken promises you have made, and forgive those who have broken promises made to you.
- Give everyone a chance to pray. Click here for creative ideas on how to pray as a group.
Optional Worship Song (5 min)
- If you'd like, you can sing a worship song as a group. Don't have a musician? Sing along to a lyric video: SJDenver.org/Songs
- Advent/Christmas songs can be found at SJDenver.org/ChristmasSongs
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!