by Elder Neal Bamesberger
If your group has more than 7 people, you're encouraged to split into men's and women's groups for "Warm Ups" and "Getting Started." If your group is really large, try same gender groups of 3 or 4.
Help me to understand what faith is,
Make me live by that faith that only You can provide,
Make me a shining example of what faith is to those around me,
Instill in me the heart that will always reach out to those who are suffering,
Instill in me a grateful heart that is always thankful for what You provide,
And for the way You care for me in my times of troubles,
Thank You for Jesus! In whose name we pray. Amen
Warm-Ups (15 min)
- Share your high moment and low moment of the week.
- If money and time weren’t a problem where would you like to take a vacation?
- Do you have any God moments to share from this past week?
Getting Started (20 min)
Read Hebrews 12
- Define faith, do we need more of it in stressful times?
- Is faith in faith and faith in God the same?
- How do you take advice from others when you don’t like or agree with their council?
Going Further (40 min)
- Read James 1:1-12
- How do you react when difficult times come your way?
- How can we prepare ourselves to react according to God’s Word?
- Read Galatians 5:22-23
- Patience is a virtue and a fruit of the spirit, what circumstances test your faith?
- Are having your patience tested and having your faith tested the same? Please explain your answer.
- When you pray for something and don’t get it or you get a different answer what’s your response?
- Who in your life has been a good role model in handling stressful and trying times?
Prayers (15 min)
- In your prayers this week thank God for the unconditional and conditional promises he has made to you. Also, ask God to forgive any broken promises you have made, and forgive those who have broken promises made to you.
- Give everyone a chance to pray. Click herefor creative ideas on how to pray as a group.
Optional Worship Song (5 min)
- If you'd like, you can sing a worship song as a group. Don't have a musician? Sing along to a lyric video: SJDenver.org/Songs
- Advent/Christmas songs can be found at SJDenver.org/ChristmasSongs
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!