"Follow: Following Jesus Creates Priorities to Shift"
by Pastor Michael Eckelkamp
If your group has more than 7 people, you're encouraged to split into men's and women's groups for "Warm Ups" and "Getting Started." If your group is really large, try same gender groups of 3 or 4.
I admit I haven't navigated a right way to live in this world with Heaven's values as my top-tier priority. Forgive me, Lord. Please grant me the ability to seek you first, knowing that all my other priorities will line up perfectly behind that One. Teach me today to make love my highest goal - loving you, loving and forgiving other, and loving and forgiving myself.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Warm-Ups (15 min)
- Share your high moment and low moment of the week.
- Share something that you are looking forward to.
- Share something that you are struggling with.
- Do you have any God moments to share from this past week?
Getting Started (20 min)
- What is one of your top priorities?
- Share a time your priorities got out of order. What was the result?
Going Further (40 min)
Please read the following article by Mike Fleishman
Follow this Link for article: http://www.christianitytoday.com/biblestudies/articles/theology/7-priorities-that-guided-jesus-decisions.html
Pick one of the following closing questions:
- What is your most cherished/important role?
- What do you want to accomplish in your roles?
- How do you want to be remembered?
Prayers (15 min)
- In your prayers this week thank God for the unconditional and conditional promises he has made to you. Also, ask God to forgive any broken promises you have made, and forgive those who have broken promises made to you.
- Give everyone a chance to pray. Click herefor creative ideas on how to pray as a group.
Optional Worship Song (5 min)
- If you'd like, you can sing a worship song as a group. Don't have a musician? Sing along to a lyric video: SJDenver.org/Songs
- Advent/Christmas songs can be found at SJDenver.org/ChristmasSongs
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!