Sunday 7/30 - Saturday 8/5
"Follow: What is the cost of following Jesus?"
by Deacon Dennis Lawson Sr.
If your group has more than 7 people, you're encouraged to split into men's and women's groups for "Warm Ups" and "Getting Started." If your group is really large, try same gender groups of 3 or 4.
Warm-Ups (15 min)
- Share your high moment and low moment of the week.
- Share something that you are looking forward to.
- Sahre something that you are struggling wiith.
- Do you have any God moments to share from this past week?
Getting Started (20 min)
Review Luke 5:1-11
- Describe a time when you trusted somone. How did it turn out?
- What has been the cost for you to follow Jesus?
Going Further (40 min)
- Verses 1-3 Jeus is teaching the people and they were crowding him. Describe a time that you desired to be as to to the Word as possible.
- Verse 4 Jeus instructs Simon to move to deeper water and lower his nets. Why do you think Simon followed Jesus instructions?
- What do the nets and deeper water represent?
- What were the reactions to Jesus when the miracle of catching so many fish?
- What instructions and promises did Jesus make to Simon, James and John?
- What instructions and promises does Jesus make to us today?
Prayers (15 min)
- In your prayers this week thank God for the unconditional and conditional promises he has made to you. Also, ask God to forgive any broken promises you have made, and forgive those who have broken promises made to you.
- Give everyone a chance to pray. Click herefor creative ideas on how to pray as a group.
Optional Worship Song (5 min)
- If you'd like, you can sing a worship song as a group. Don't have a musician? Sing along to a lyric video: SJDenver.org/Songs
- Advent/Christmas songs can be found at SJDenver.org/ChristmasSongs
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!