"Follow: Follow Me Into A Changed Life"
by Elder David Kjergaard & Kristi Kjergaard
If your group has more than 7 people, you're encouraged to split into men's and women's groups for "Warm Ups" and "Study."
- Share your high moment and low moment of the week.
- Was there a time as a child or adult that you really knew that you needed help?
- Can you think of a group or team that you joined but felt you were in over your talent or experience level?
- Do you have any God moments to share from this past week?
Study (35 min)
Review Mark 2:13-17
- Who were considered “sinners and tax collectors” in 1st century Israel? What would that have meant to Jesus' reputation that there were “many (sinners and tax collectors) who followed him.
- What was the significance of “eating” with people in the Middle East?
- Who are the healthy who don’t need a doctor?
- Jesus is all about breaking down walls and barriers. There is nothing that can keep sick people away from the doctor, except not knowing you’re sick. How do you keep from thinking you’re healthy and no longer need the Great Physician?
- Is there a group of people that’s hard for you to extend the invitation to?
- Are there people you think are too sick to come back to God?
- Does our church have any pharisaical tendencies? Do you?
Prayers (15 min)
In your prayers this week remember to pray by name for those you know who don't know Jesus. Give everyone a chance to pray. Click herefor creative ideas on how to pray as a group.
Trios (25 min)
The goal of "Trios" is to provide time for additional sharing, support, and prayer. Break into same gender groups of three. If numbers necessitate flexibility, form groups of 2 instead. Be sure to move to seperate spaces for confidentiality.
Review the listener committments if you haven't done so recently.
Opening Question for Trios: How has God been challenging you to grow in faith? What's an area of your life in which you know you need to grow in faith in order to live life to the fullest? Did our study topic for today bring up an area that needs work, or is there another area of your life that you'd like to share about?
Have a time of sharing and open dialogue around your faith walk and the areas in which you currently need growth. The goal is not to pressure others into sharing more than they want to, or give unsolicited advice, but to ask others what they're planning to do about their growth areas, and ask how you can support them! If your group is having a hard time coming up with questions to ask, try pulling one or two from these questions in order to spark dialogue.
End your Trios time in Prayer
Optional Worship Song (5 min)
If you'd like, you can sing a worship song as a group. Don't have a musician? Sing along to a lyric video: SJDenver.org/Songs. Advent/Christmas songs can be found at SJDenver.org/ChristmasSongs
Serve Our City
Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!