"Made on Purpose: We were Made for Work"
by Pastor Michael Eckelkamp
If your group has more than 7 people, you're encouraged to split into men's and women's groups for "Warm Ups" and "Getting Started." If your group is really large, try same gender groups of 3 or 4.
Warm-Ups (15 min)
1. Share your high moment and low moment of the week.
2. What was the best /worst job you have ever had? Why?
3. Martin Luther said, “A way to love our neighbor is to do our best at work.” What do you think he meant?
3. Do you have any God moments to share from this past week?
Read this article including the 8 principles that outline God's view of work, and look up any pertinent scriptures:
We were Made for Work
Going Further (40 min)
by: James Eckman
Discuss this article:
- How does the way we work give way to the opportunity to share faith?
- How does this study challenge/encourage you?How do you live out the struggle to love even your enemies?
Do you still have questions? Text them to our sermon text line at 720-961-3773. We'll try to answer within a week. Thanks!
Prayers (15 min)
- In your prayers this week thank God for the unconditional and conditional promises he has made to you. Also, ask God to forgive any broken promises you have made, and forgive those who have broken promises made to you.
- Give everyone a chance to pray. Click herefor creative ideas on how to pray as a group.
Optional Worship Song (5 min)
- If you'd like, you can sing a worship song as a group. Don't have a musician? Sing along to a lyric video: SJDenver.org/Songs
- Advent/Christmas songs can be found at SJDenver.org/ChristmasSongs
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!