"Made on Purpose: We Were Made for Relationship"
by Pastor Michael Eckelkamp
If your group has more than 7 people, you're encouraged to split into men's and women's groups for "Warm Ups" and "Getting Started." If your group is really large, try same gender groups of 3 or 4.
Warm Ups (15 min)
*You might go around the circle three times instead of having each person do all three at once.
1. Share your high moment and low moment of the week.
2. Answer one of the following: What is a quirky or unusual fear that you have? What’s something in you house you want to get rid of but can’t? Who has been a spiritual hero in your life?
3. Do you have any God moments to share from this past week?
Getting Started (20 min)
Read this article (by Jarrid Wilson) and look up any Bible passages referenced.
Going Further (40 min)
Discuss the article:
- Which one of these traits is easier for you than others?
- Which one of these traits is harder for you to demonstrate?
Do you still have questions? Text them to our sermon text line at 720-961-3773. We'll try to answer within a week. Thanks!
Prayers (15 min)
- In your prayers this week thank God for the unconditional and conditional promises he has made to you. Also ask God to forgive any broken promises you have made, and forgive those who have broken promises made to you.
- Give everyone a chance to pray. Click herefor creative ideas on how to pray as a group.
Optional Worship Song (5 min)
- If you'd like, you can sing a worship song as a group. Don't have a musician? Sing along to a lyric video: SJDenver.org/Songs
- Advent/Christmas songs can be found at: SJDenver.org/ChristmasSongs
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!