"Chapter Six: Bitterness"
If your group has more than 7 people, you're encouraged to split into men's and women's groups for "Warm Ups" and "Getting Started." If your group is really large, try same gender groups of 3 or 4.
Warm Ups (15 min)
*You might go around the circle three times instead of having each person do all three at once.
1. Share your high moment and low moment of the week.
2. What's the hygeine item you're most likely to forget? ;)
3. Do you have any God moments to share from this past week?
Getting Started (20 min)
You can find Sunday's message online at SJDenver.tv (It's usually posted two hours after worship ends). What content in the message struck you as meaningful?
What's a positive or negative experience from your past that influences your life today?
Going Further (40 min)
Explore and discuss this article: 7 Bible Verse to Help Overcome Bitterness
- If you'd like, your group could choose one of those verses and really dig into it using this Bible study guide.
Do you still have questions? Text them to our sermon text line at 720-961-3773. We'll try to answer within a week. Thanks!
Prayers (15 min)
- In your prayers for this week, please consider those in your life who don't know Jesus.Pray for them by name!
- Give everyone a chance to pray. Click herefor creative ideas on how to pray as a group.
Optional Worship Song (5 min)
- If you'd like, you can sing a worship song as a group. Don't have a musician? Sing along to a lyric video: SJDenver.org/Songs
- Advent/Christmas songs can be found at: SJDenver.org/ChristmasSongs
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!