"Chapter Five: Repentance"
If your group has more than 7 people, you're encouraged to split into men's and women's groups for "Warm Ups" and "Study."
Warm Ups (15 min)
*You might go around the circle three times instead of having each person do all three at once.
1. Share your high moment and low moment of the week.
2. Has someone ever kept something a secret from you for a long time? Were you surprised?
3. Do you have any God moments to share from this past week?
* Please get in the habit of bringing your own personal paper Bible! Studies say that words on screens aren't as memorable as the printed word.
If you missed it, you can find Sunday's message on David & Bathsheeba (2 Samuel 11-12) online at SJDenver.tv. What did Pastor Michael say in the message that struck you as meaningful?
- Why do you think so many celebrities, politicians, and church leaders get caught up in sex scandals?
As a group, read this related passage - 1 Corinthians 6:12-20. For study purposes, use a reputable translation, such as GW or ESV.
- After reading the passage, have a time of free form study and discussion, using this study sheet.
Do you still have questions? Text them to our sermon text line at 720-961-3773. We'll try to answer within a week. Thanks!
Prayers (15 min)
In your prayers for this week, please consider those in your life who don't know Jesus.Pray for them by name!
- Give everyone a chance to pray. Click herefor creative ideas on how to pray as a group.
Trios (25 min)
The goal of "Trios" is to provide time for additional sharing, support, and prayer. Break into same gender groups of three. If numbers necessitate flexibility, form groups of 2 instead. Be sure to move to seperate spaces for confidentiality.
Review the listener committments.
Opening Question for Trios: How has God been challenging you to grow in faith? What's an area of your life in which you know you need to grow in faith in order to live life to the fullest? Did our study topic for today bring up an area that needs work, or is there another area of your life that you'd like to share about?
- Have a time of sharing and open dialogue around your faith walk and the areas in which you currently need growth. The goal is not to pressure others into sharing more than they want to, or give unsolicited advice, but to ask others what they're planning to do about their growth areas, and ask how you can support them! If your group is having a hard time coming up with questions to ask, try pulling one or two from these questions in order to spark dialogue.
End your Trios time in Prayer
Optional Worship Song (5 min)
- If you'd like, you can sing a worship song as a group. Don't have a musician? Sing along to a lyric video: SJDenver.org/Songs
- Advent/Christmas songs can be found at: SJDenver.org/ChristmasSongs
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!