"Creating a Safe House/Tent"
Warm Ups (10 min)
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. Do you enjoy camping? Why?
4. How did God show up in your life this week?
Getting Started (20 min)
- If your group has more than 7 people, you're encouraged to split into men's and women's groups for this section. If your group is really large, try same gender groups of 3 or 4.
- What did you get out of Pastor Michael's message on Sunday?
- What makes someone good to talk to? What doesn't?
- Here's a slide from Pastor Michael's message. How does this tent concept relate to the idea that because of Jesus, we who follow him are called to be "One Body?"
Going Further (45 min)
- Use this Bible Study. Skip the "Models of Interaction with People with Disabilities" section at the end, unless your group desires to explore that.
- "Everyone will know that you are my disciples because of your love for each other." - John 13:35. Do you think that the love of Jesus followers is something different than what the world can get elsewhere? When we care for each other as the Body of Christ, is that an effective witness?
Optional Worship Song (5 min)
- If you'd like, you can sing one of the following songs as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup Advent/Christmas playlist at sjdenver.org/songs
Prayers (5+ min)
- In your prayers for this week, please consider those in your life who don't know Jesus. Pray for them by name!
- Click here for creative ideas on how to pray as a group.
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!