Sunday 1/1 - Saturday 1/7
Choose how you'd like to do Warm Ups + Getting Started:
- As a large group. Best for groups of 7 or less.
- Split into men's & women's groups.
- In Trios. Break off into same-gender groups of three.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. Are you making any New Year's Resolutions?
4. How did God remind you of His presence this week?
Note for Leaders: You don't have to do every question listed. Choose the best ones for your group!
- It's a week that many groups are taking off, but if you're still meeting, you might watch/discuss Pastor AJ's New Year's Day message on the book of Proverbs, study/discuss the example proverbs on the handout or lookup what the Bible says about the sin of "Usary" and discuss if it's right for Christians to charge interest.
- In your prayers for this week, please consider the following!
- Those in your life who don't know Jesus. Pray for them by name!
- Pray that those who connected with us on Christmas Eve might return and get plugged in!
- St. John's multi-site campus plant in the Highlands.
- Shake it up! You might try a different prayer posture this week. Did you know that people in the Old Testament prayed by looking up toward Heaven and stretching their arms out? You could also hold hands as a group, etc.
- Click here for ideas on how to pray as a group.
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!