Sunday 12/25 - Saturday 12/31
Choose how you'd like to do Warm Ups + Getting Started:
- As a large group. Best for groups of 7 or less.
- Split into men's & women's groups.
- In Trios. Break off into same-gender groups of three.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. What's your favorite Christmas hymn/song? Why?
4. How did God remind you of His presence this week?
Note for Leaders: You don't have to do every question listed. Choose the best ones for your group!
- What stood out to you from Pastor Michael's Christmas Eve message or Pastor AJ's Christmas Day message?
- Read Genesis 12:1-3 and Isaiah 49:6. Do those passages change your perspective on the Christmas story at all?
- Explore the Christmas Day readings little deeper. Use kretzmannproject.org for commentary if desired.
- If all we had of the Old Testament was Nehemiah 9:5-37, do you think that would be a decent summary? What would be missing? What's included that you might not have thought to include?
- If all we had of the New Testmanet was Galatians 4:4-7 and Acts 10:36-43, do you think that would be a decent summary? What would be missing? What's included that you might not have thought to include?
- How is the Christmas story enhanced by having a thorough knowledge of scripture?
- How does that knowledge help us to more fully realize what Jesus came to do?
- Does it change how you view your role in the story?
Optional Worship Song
- If you'd like, you can sing one of the following songs as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup Advent/Christmas playlist at sjdenver.org/christmassongs
- In your prayers for this week, please consider the following!
- Those in your life who don't know Jesus. Pray for them by name!
- Pray that God would entrust you with someone who needs a Christian voice in their life.
- St. John's multi-site campus plant in the Highlands.
- Pray for a Gospel movement in our city.
- Pray for our nation.
- Shake it up! You might try a different prayer posture this week. Did you know that people in the Old Testament prayed by looking up toward Heaven and stretching their arms out? You could also hold hands as a group, etc.
- Click here for ideas on how to pray as a group.
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!