Sunday 8/28 - Saturday 9/3
Choose how you'd like to do Warm Ups + Getting Started:
- As a large group. Best for groups of 7 or less.
- Split into men's & women's groups.
- In Trios. Break off into same-gender groups of three.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. What would you like to see tested on MythBusters?
4. How did God remind you of His presence this week?
Note for Leaders: You don't have to do every question listed. Choose the best ones for your group!
- Is there a famous person or someone in your life that strikes you as very authentic?
- How are courage and authenticity related?
- What did you take away from the message this week?
- Have you ever felt the tension between portraying yourself as you are vs. what others want you to be vs. what you want to be?
- Esther was a beautiful young Jewish woman, chosen to be queen in Persia. Her uncle Mordecai discovered a plot by a high-ranking official to have all the Jews in the country killed (the king did not know that she was Jewish). Read Esther 4:1 - 5:3.
- Authenticity is being true to your God-given identity. How did Esther's authenticity go beyond being merely information?
- How did Esther handle the tension between her identity, position and risk of death?
- How does following Jesus influence how we portray ourselves and our beliefs to others?
- Group Discussion: How do we cultivate authenticity in our own lives?
Optional Worship Song
- If you'd like, you can sing the following song as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.sjdenver.org
- In your prayers for the week of 8/28 - 9/4, please consider the following!
- Those in your life who don't know Jesus. Pray for them by name!
- That more people in our community would take the bold step of starting a new LIFEGroup.
- Pray that the process of securing financing for our Highlands multi-site would go smoothly.
- Pray for Pastor Weems, who is leaving to serve as an Interim Pastor in Idaho Falls for 3 months.
- Shake it up! You might try a different prayer posture this week. Did you know that people in the Old Testament prayed by looking up toward Heaven and stretching their arms out? You could also hold hands as a group, etc.
- Click here for ideas on how to pray as a group.
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!