Sunday 7/31 - Saturday 8/6
Choose how you'd like to do Warm Ups + Getting Started:
- As a large group. Best for groups of 7 or less.
- Split into men's & women's groups.
- In Trios. Break off into same-gender groups of three.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. "Would you rather be a teenager in the 1950s or today?" - Would You Rather (Fields, 1995)
4. How has God shown up in your life this week?
Note for Leaders: You don't have to do every question listed. Choose the best ones for your group!
- What stuck out from Pastor Stephen's sermon on Sunday?
- Think about the last time you were driving and some jerk cut in front of you. OR think back to that vicious facebook post that you saw. Do you think people find it easier to become enraged with strangers or with those that they know?
- How close are you to your siblings or family members? Are there other (non-related) people in your life who you're closer to?
- Re-read Philemon 8-10.
- In what sense can Paul say that Onesimus is now his son?
- Read Matthew 12:46-50.
- God unites people who might ordinarily have nothing in common. How does He do that?
- Read John 19:25-27 and 1 Timothy 5:1-2.
- Because of Jesus, those who are also in Christ are now our family instead. What responsibility comes with that? How does it influence the way we treat one another?
- There is a church whose mission statement is "Helping people find their way back to God." They view the unchurched as prodigal sons/daughters. If we learned to see others that way, even strangers, how would that help?
Optional Worship Song
- If you'd like, you can sing one of the following songs as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.stjohnsdenver.org
- Please remember to pray for your non-Christian friends and neighbors by name! Also, Click here for suggestions on how to keep your group prayer life fresh and vibrant!
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!