Sunday 7/17 - Saturday 7/23
Choose how you'd like to do Warm Ups + Getting Started:
- As a large group. Best for groups of 7 or less.
- Split into men's & women's groups.
- In Trios. Break off into same-gender groups of three.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. What's one way that you're different now than when you were in middle school?
4. How has God shown up in your life this week?
Note for Leaders: You don't have to do every question listed. Choose the best ones for your group!
- What stuck out from Pastor Michael's sermon on Sunday?
- Are you normally good about writing thank-you notes? Why?
- Re-read Philemon 1-7.
- What can we learn about Paul as a person, from the way he talks to Philemon?
- Flip through the New Testament and look at the introduction of one of the other New Testament epistles written by Paul. Is it similar to his introduction in Philemon? What does that teach us?
- When is the last time we told someone, as Paul tells Philemon, how honestly thankful we are for them? Are we usually as upfront as Paul is in 4-7? What would happen if we were to do that more often?
- As you know, Paul will go on to ask a big favor of Philemon. Paul leads with gratitude. How might that help set the tone for forgiveness?
Optional Worship Song
- If you'd like, you can sing the following song as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.stjohnsdenver.org
- Please remember to pray for your non-Christian friends and neighbors by name! Also, Click here for suggestions on how to keep your group prayer life fresh and vibrant!
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!