Sunday 5/29 - Saturday 6/5
Choose how you'd like to do Warm Ups + Getting Started:
- As a large group. Best for groups of 7 or less.
- Split into men's & women's groups.
- In Trios. Break off into same-gender groups of three.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. What's your go-to late night snack?
4. How has God shown up in your life this week?
- What stuck out from Sunday's message on 1 John 2:15-17?
- We've all heard the phrase, "Too much of a good thing..." - what's the difference between a healthy desire and an unhealthy one?
- Scripture sometimes talks about the world (ex: 1 John 2:15-17), the flesh and the sinful nature (ex: Galatians 5:16-26). What is meant by these terms?
- Why do you think that sinful habits and desires are hard to shake?
- What is the solution to these overwhelming forces? Read John 16:32-33 and Romans 12:1-2.
- How can we check the desires of our hearts to see if they're unhealthy? What do we do if we find ourselves desiring something sinful?
Optional Worship Song
- If you'd like, you can sing the following song as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.stjohnsdenver.org
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!