Sunday 5/8 - Saturday 5/14
Choose how you'd like to do Warm Ups + Getting Started:
- As a large group. Best for groups of 7 or less.
- Split into men's & women's groups.
- In Trios. Break off into same-gender groups of three.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. If you had to try a new profession, what field would you pursue?
4. How has God shown up in your life this week?
- Do you think that our culture does a good job of venerating holiness, goodness, or purity?
- Do you think that all of our technology, advancements and news coverage have helped us to better know what the truth is about an issue, course of action, or opinion?
- On Sunday, Pastor Michael preached about "Walking in the Light", from 1 John 1:1-9. To you, what was the most memorable part of the sermon?
- Read John 1:1-13, 1 John 1:1-9, Psalm 119:130 and Matthew 5:16. Each one gives a unique sense of what the "Light" metaphor can mean in scripture. After reading and discussing these verses, discuss what it means to "Walk in the Light."
- Is there anything in 1 John 1:1-9 that might cause someone to be afraid?
- What in 1 John 1:1-9 that brings you comfort?
- Walking in the Light is a choice we have to make each moment. How do we get the strength to make those choices in faith?
Optional Worship Song
- If you'd like, you can sing the following song as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.stjohnsdenver.org
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!