Sunday 5/8 - Saturday 5/14
Choose how you'd like to do Warm Ups + Getting Started:
- As a large group. Best for groups of 7 or less.
- Split into men's & women's groups.
- In Trios. Break off into same-gender groups of three.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. What was your first car?
4. How has God shown up in your life this week?
- Think back to Pastor Michael's sermon on 5/8. We often fear that we aren't good enough for others or for God. In what sense is this true? In what sense is this false?
- Do you think it's healthy to walk around with an inferiority complex? What mindset does God want us to walk around with in order to be truly healthy?
- Our Gospel reading for this week, Luke 17:20-21, is a slightly confusing one. Jesus is saying something in a certain context, which would seem untrue out of context, in order to make a point. Read the passage, then read Zephaniah 3:14-17 and discuss how the prophecy from Zephaniah might help us understand Jesus' words.
- God uses His "Law" to convict people and move them to repentence when they aren't focused on Jesus. He uses His "Gospel" to proclaim forgiveness and hope to those who realize their sinful inadequacies. What Law and what Gospel is God speaking to us in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10?
- What should we do when sin or satan cause us to fear that we aren't good enough?
- What should we do when others make us feel worthless?
- Pastor AJ here. Three years ago I actually heard a preacher say in his message that some people are worthless when they're not doing what God wants for them. Are there worthless people?
Optional Worship Song
- If you'd like, you can sing the following song as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.stjohnsdenver.org
- Click here for suggestions on how to keep your group prayer life fresh and vibrant!
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!