Sunday 4/17 - Saturday 4/23
Choose how you'd like to do Warm Ups + Getting Started:
- As a large group. Best for groups of 7 or less.
- Split into men's & women's groups.
- In Trios. Break off into same-gender groups of three.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. At this point in life, do you feel like you're in a Christian bubble or outside of it?
4. How has God shown up in your life this week?
- What was memorable from the Sunday sermon on the Fear of Suffering (Daniel 6:1-24)?
- After hearing the message from God's Word, do you think you'll approach the issue of suffering any differently?
- We're going to rewind to an earlier time in Daniel's life. Read Daniel 3. Your group might switch readers every paragraph.
- How does the boldness of these three men challenge us?
- How do you think the events of Daniel 3 help shape Daniel's approach to following God?
- Focus on verse 18: "But if He doesn't...." How does this passage shape our theological view of (1) suffering and (2) prayer for protection?
- In the narrative, God didn't keep the men from getting thrown into the fire, but he (or angel) was seen in there with them. Likewise, Jesus personally dwelt among us as He went about saving us from our sins. What does that teach us about God?
- When it comes to suffering for the faith, we usually don't have to risk our lives here in the USA. Do you think that has affected our sense of urgency for reaching the lost? How does today's message challenge us to rise above the fear of embrassment or ridicule for the sake of helping others?
Optional Worship Song
- If you'd like, you can sing the following song as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.stjohnsdenver.org
- Click here for suggestions on how to keep your group prayer life fresh and vibrant!
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!