Sunday 4/10 - Saturday 4/16
Choose how you'd like to do Warm Ups + Getting Started:
- As a large group. Best for groups of 7 or less.
- Split into men's & women's groups.
- In Trios. Break off into same-gender groups of three.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. Based on how you think you're built, would you say that you are more someone who values having a large quantity of friends or a few close friends? Where do you think you're at on the scale?
1 (A few quality friends) -------------------------------------------------------------10 (larger quantity of friends)
4. How has God shown up in your life this week?
- Read Genesis 2:18. Speculate: why isn't it good?
- When was a time when you felt fully immersed in community?
- The message on our church sign this week read, "Loneliness can kill. Literally." Thoughts?
- Think back to Sunday's message on 1 Kings 19:9-18. What did you take to heart?
- In verse 10, if your passage says God of "hosts" (ESV) or God "almighty," (NIV) take a look at the God's Word translation. How does that help us better understand how Elijah is addressing God?
- In the passage, what do the wind, earthquake and fire tell us about God? How about the whisper?
- Think about verse 13. Why did God ask Elijah the same question from verse 9?
Highlight after discussion --> It's kind of similar to what happened in Genesis 3:9. God asks a question He already knows the answer to in order to get the subject to reflect on what they're doing. <--
- To what extent is Elijah's perceived loneliness something that happened to him vs. something that was self imposed?
- What does the Gospel mean for the lonely? What hope does it offer?
- Refer to Luke 10:1, Acts 13:1-4. At several points in scripture, God has shown us that working in pairs can be beneficial. As you reflect on your life right now, in what ways are you partnering up and in what ways are you going it alone?
- God doesn't tell us that following Him means freedom from loneliness. How do we help others that are suffering from loneliness? What's helpful to say and what isn't?
Optional Worship Song
- If you'd like, you can sing the following song as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.stjohnsdenver.org
- Click here for suggestions on how to keep your group prayer life fresh and vibrant!
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!