Sunday 3/20 - Saturday 3/26
Three Ways to do Warm Ups & Getting Started
- As a large group. Best for groups of 7 or less.
- Split into men's & women's groups.
- In Trios. Break off into same-gender groups of three.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. Where do you fall on the Introvert / Extrovert scale? Why?
[10 Introvert] ---------------------------------- [1 Extrovert]
4. How has God shown up in your life this week?
- Think back to Sunday's sermon on John 14:2-7. What about it strikes you?
- Why does Jesus use "house" language to speak of Heaven. Is there an actual house? What is He communicating?
- Discuss verse 6b: "No one comes to the Father except through me."
- We're going to dive into two passages from John in which Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit. Read John 14:15-26 and John 16:5-16.
- What are the three titles that these passages use to describe the third person of the Trinity? What does each title teach us?
- According to these passages, what does the Holy Spirit do for us?
- The Holy Spirit fulfilled John's Words by coming at Pentecost and coming to each of us. Read Acts 2:37-38. Why is Baptism important?
- If you have time, read & discuss Romans 8:1-17. If you're pressed for time, read Galatians 5:22-26 instead. What does a Spirit-filled life look like? Is there anyone you know that embodies life in the Spirit?
Optional Worship Song
- Take a few moments to sing the following song as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.stjohnsdenver.org
- Today, pray that God would remind you to return and be renewed in Him each day. God doesn't give us grace so that we can live life without Him!
- Click here for suggestions on how to keep your group prayer life fresh and vibrant!
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!