Sunday 3/13 - Saturday 3/19
If you have more than 9 people, split up into multiple groups for the "Getting Started" questions.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. When did you first get a cell phone?
4. How has God shown up in your life this week?
- Leaders: Browse your People's Bible Commentary ahead of time for additional observations/questions to include in your study.
- Think back to Sunday's sermon on John 11:1-44. This is a powerful passage. What about it strikes you?
- When someone dies, what's comforting to say? What sort of comments miss the mark?
- Notice that this is one of the few passages where Jesus and the Jews that were present are not in conflict. Why do you think that is?
- Mary knew that there would eventually be a resurrection for Lazarus - but she didn't think it would happen so soon! Have you ever had trouble believing that God might do something amazing right here, right now?
- Watch this "refresher" video on Jewish Groups:
- Read John 11:45-57.
- What two Jewish groups would have been present?
- What was their motivation for wanting to kill Jesus?
- We may not have the motivation to kill Jesus, but does his word ever cause problems for us?
- What do you make of the prophecy in verse 50-52?
Optional Worship Song
- Take a few moments to sing "Glorious Day" as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.stjohnsdenver.org
- Today, pray that God would remind you to return and be renewed in Him each day. God doesn't give us grace so that we can live life without Him!
- Click here for suggestions on how to keep your group prayer life fresh and vibrant!
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!