Sunday 3/6 - Saturday 3/12
If you have more than 9 people, split up into multiple groups for the "Getting Started" questions.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. What's your favorite restaurant? What's your least favorite?
4. How has God shown up in your life this week?
- Think about Sunday's sermon on John 10:1-6; 11-21. What stood out?
- What relational title is your preferred way of thinking of Jesus? Shepherd, King, Lord, Father, Master, Judge, Rabbi, etc....
- As a group, reflect on the People's Bible Commentary for John 10:1-3 (Pg 148).
- How does this passage from Matthew 20:28 sync up with John 10? "...the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- What clue does Jesus give us in John 10:16? - "I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd."
- In John 10:7-10, Jesus introduces the metaphor of "the gate" (which is related to the "shepherd" metaphor but distinct from it). Read the passage, then look up the People's Bible Commentary, Page 151, Section #3.
- The gate concept should remind us of our need to continually return to Jesus. Pastor Drew said that one way we can daily return to God's grace is by remembering our Baptism. How does our baptism, which may have happened some time ago, have relevance today? What sort of life experiences might cause us to want to think back to our baptism?
- John 10:10 records Jesus saying "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." As we go about our lives, do we always think about God's commands as a pathway to full life? When we don't, what's the problem?
Optional Worship Song
- Take a few moments to sing "All Creatures of our God and King" as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
- Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.stjohnsdenver.org
- Today, pray that God would remind you to return and be renewed in Him each day. God doesn't give us grace so that we can live life without Him!
- Click here for suggestions on how to keep your group prayer life fresh and vibrant!
Serve Our City
- Has your group planned an opportunity to serve our city for this semester? Click Here for a list of Service Ideas!
- Was there a glitch in today's material? Want to request a song? Do you have a suggestion? Click Here!