Sunday 2/21 - Saturday 2/27
* If you have more than 9 people, you might consider splitting into multiple groups for the "Getting Started" questions.
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. Would you rather be considered rich and live in Haiti or poor and live in the United States?
4. How has God shown up in your life this week?
5. What struck you from Sunday's sermon on John 6:1-15; 25-59 ("I Am the Bread of Life")?
6. For this study, we'll be focusing on John 6:60-69. Read the passage.
7. In what way does this passage challenge our ideas around what it means to follow Jesus? Refer to your People's Bible Commentary on John if needed.
8. In the passage, many disciples leave Jesus, but Peter and the other apostles stay. Why do you think they stayed, when others abandoned the faith?
9. Watch the video discussion here.
10. The passage ends on a high note, with Peter's statement about Jesus being the one who has the words of eternal life. As we seek to not only live out the Gospel, but also speak it into others lives, how does Jesus model what that looks like? What cues can we take from Him in order to better speak the Gospel?
Optional Worship Song
Take a few moments to sing the following song as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
*Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.stjohnsdenver.org
Click here for suggestions on how to keep your group prayer life fresh and vibrant!
Serve Our City
Was there a glitch in today's material?
Was there an error in the material?
Want to request a song?
Do you have a suggestion on how we can make the material better?