Sunday 1/31 - Saturday 2/6
1. Share your high moment of the week.
2. Share your low moment of the week.
3. What's your favorite way to exercise?
4. Did you have any Connect / Neighbor / Serve moments this week in which you can share how God might have done something amazing through you?
5. Think back to Sunday's message. What struck you?
6. Read Matthew 6:25-34. The Bible says that we should not worry, but also that we should work hard (Proverbs 10:4, 2 Thessalonians 3:10). Is there a relationship between these teachings? What might these passages teach us about what it means to have "the wisdom to know the difference..." between what we can and can't change?
7. In our world of social media, it’s easy to spend a lot of time voicing our opinions and talking about what others. React to the following image/quote:
Additional Food for Thought: "The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion." - Paul Coelho
8. Speaking of Wisdom - during an election year, it can become easy to place too much hope (or fear) in politics. We can become obsessed and unable to tolerate others with differing views. We might become more excited about talking politics than talking Jesus. This is an indicator that we may be putting our politics before our faith, instead of our faith before our politics. This week, Andy Stanley preached on Hebrews 12:1-3 and addressed this issue. He says that he's addressing those that are 45 or older, but it really applies to all ages:
9. Andy reminds us to "fix our eyes on Jesus" - approaching the issues of today with faith that God keeps His promises. He says that it will keep us from having a "the sky is falling" attitude. How does it do that?
10. As important as it is to realize what we can or can't change, it's also very important to understand what God can and can't change. What can't God change? Have each person look up a verse: Deuteronomy 31:6, Hebrews 13:8, Psalm 33:11, Psalm 89:34.
Highlight to sum it up --> God's Purpose, Person and Promises do not change! <--
Optional Worship Song
Take a few moments to sing one of the following songs as a group. Be sure to turn up the volume so that less confident singers feel comfortable.
*Check out our LIFEGroup playlist at songs.stjohnsdenver.org
Click here for suggestions on how to keep your group prayer life fresh and vibrant!
Serve Our City
Was there a glitch in today's material?
Was there an error in the material?
Want to request a song?
Do you have a suggestion on how we can make the material better?